I didn't change much from my rankings last week.
1. Bishop Guertin...They put to rest any questions about whether the winner of the Salem/North game would be the new #1 if they lost to Catholic Memorial. By winning 52-13, they further cemented their status as #1 in the state. I'm hearing more and more rumblings about them going D-I and West moving down to D-II next season...
2. Salem...Give the Blue Devils credit, they've had a very tough schedule so far this season and have beaten everybody. And other than Timberlane, they've beaten teams easily. Yes, North having Andre Williams in the lineup probably would have made a difference, but it was the Titan defense, not the offense that struggled vs. Salem
3. Exeter...Last year in the regular season Timberlane beat Exeter by 2 touchdowns. This year the Blue Hawks won by 28. And yes, The Owls' starting QB missed most of the second half, but Exeter didn't have either of their top 2 QB's the entire game.
4. Nashua North...They shouldn't drop any lower than this, because although they lost it was to the state's 2nd best team and they were without their Williams.
5. Pinkerton...This Saturday's game with South should tell us a lot about where these two teams are at right now.
6. Nashua South...See Pinkerton.
7. Plymouth...This is a good team, but the 7 spot is as high as I can put a team that lost most of its starters from last year and only has one quality win.
8. Souhegan...I think the loss to Milford got them refocused. One more loss and they're out of the poll. They have way too much talent for that to happen, though.
9. Londonderry...The Lancers and Little Green are both good teams. But I just can't rank Central higher after they lost to Londodnerry 31-20 a couple weeks ago.
10. Timberlane...Their only D-II losses were to BG and Exeter. And they played the Blue Hawks even in the first half until QB Nate Lawrence got hurt and missed the rest of the game. Their other two losses were last minute defeats to South and Salem. C'mon people, this is still a top 10 team. They'll need Lawrence healthy this Friday night though, when they play a good Winnacunnet team. The winner of that game will be in my top 10 next week, the loser likely won't be.
On the cusp: Manchester Central, Trinity, Winnacunnet, Portsmouth