Thursday, November 1, 2012
Closing the Book on Class of 2012 - Football
In each of these articles we will post the final rankings for the Class of 2012. Only players who are playing in college will be included in the final rankings. The point of the recruiting rankings in the first place is to provide exposure for the kids who are trying to play in college. So the final rankings will reflect which players are actually doing that.
So we'll be taking one last look back at the class, breaking down some of the top players, where they're going now, etc. followed by the final rankings.
We'll do boys and girls basketball next week. So without any further ado, here's the final breakdown of the Class of 2012 for NH football.
Well the big headliner for this class is Jake Kiley from the New Hampton School who is now playing at Penn State. He's from Plymouth. Plymouth High head coach Chuck Lenahan just broke the New England record for wins by a coach, it's scary to think how many wins he would have if he had Kiley playing for him for four years. It is not often at all that kids from NH go on to play at a school like Penn State, which is one of the top football programs in the entire country. Kiley (pictured above) is a special talent, no question.
Kiley is not the only kid from this class playing Division I college football. A few of the others are playing at UNH. Andrew Lauderdale from Trinity and Lebanon's Alexander Morrill are on cholarship for the Wildcats, while Jesse Trotter from Pinkerton and Bedford's Jordan Garron walked on to the team.
The other D-I players are Jackson King from Merrimack who is on scholarship at sacred Heart, John Bieren from Nashua South (scholarship at UMass Amherst), Hanover's Dan Gorman is a walk on at Dartmouth and Josh Hughes from Trinity is a walk on at UMaine.
As for D-II's, Stonehill College has NH kids in their 2012 recruiting class. 2 of them were teammates for 4 years at Manchester Central. They are Jared Chandler and kicker Stephen Grzywacz, and the other one is Laconia lineman Raige Hollis.
Meanwhile St. A's also has a whopping 5 kids from NH playing there. They are Mike Lombard (Pelham, NH) from Proctor Academy, Mike Leonard from Trinity, Nashua North's Chris Anderson and a pair of seacoast kids in Spaulding's Dillon Couture and Jared Dickie from St. Thomas.
There were also a number of kids from this class who benefited from prep school, whether they did a post-grad year (Cronan, Luks), reclassified earlier in high school (Lombard) or went strictly to a prep school (Kiley).
Nashua South (McRae and Bieren) and Manchester Central (Grzywacz and Chandler) are the only high schools with 2 scholarship players. And lastly, Trinity and Pinkerton are the only high schools with 3 players on the list (Souhegan also has 3 if you count Luks who graduated from there and then did a PG year at Bridgton).
Without any further ado, here are your final prospect rankings for NH football players for the Class of 2012. Good luck to all of them in their college careers!
1. Jake Kiley, QB/DB, New Hampton School...Penn State University
2. Alexander Morrill, OL/DL, Lebanon HS...University of New Hampshire
3. Andrew Lauderdale, TE/DL, Trinity HS...University of New Hampshire
4. John Bieren, OL/DL, Nashua High South...UMass Amherst
5. Jackson King, RB/DB, Merrimack HS...Sacred Heart University
6. Armond McRae, RB/DB, Nashua High South...Merrimack College
7. Michael Lombard, TE/LB, Proctor Academy...Saint Anselm College
8. Emmitt Smith, RB, Pinkerton Academy...Bentley University
9. Mike Luks, QB, Bridgton Academy…Southern Connecticut State University
10. Steve Cronan, QB, Bridgton Academy…Merrimack College
11. Raige Hollis, OL/DL, Laconia HS...Stonehill College
12. Jared Chandler, WR/DB, Manchester Central HS...Stonehill College
13. Stephen Grzywacz, K, Manchester Central HS…Stonehill College
14. Jared Dickie, OL/LB, St. Thomas Aquinas HS…Saint Anselm College
15. Jesse Trottier, OL/DL, Pinkerton Academy...University of New Hampshire (walk on)
16. Kevin Davies, FB/LB, Pinkerton Academy...Plymouth State University
17. Dan Gorman, WR/LB/P, Hanover High School…Dartmouth College (walk on)
18. Conor Donovan, RB/LB/K/P, Inter-Lakes/Moultonborough…Dean College
19. Chris Chininis, WR/DB, Souhegan HS...Tufts University
20. Codey Dalton, QB, Manchester Memorial HS...Western New England University
21. Josh Hughes, FB/LB, Trinity HS...University of Maine (walk on)
22. John Houston, RB/LB, Campbell HS...United States Naval Academy
23. Dillon Couture, OL/LB, Spaulding HS…Saint Anselm College
24. Jimmy Carver, FB/DL, Bishop Guertin HS…Bridgewater State University
25. Zach Migneault, OL, Hollis-Brookline HS…Western New England College
26. Chris Anderson, RB/LB, Nashua High North…Saint Anselm College
27. Jordan Garron, RB, Bedford HS...University of New Hampshire (walk on)
28. Evan Bidgood, QB, Timberlane Regional High School...Plymouth State University
29. Logan Merritt, OL/DL, Newport HS…Plymouth State University
30. Cole Brooker, LB, Plymouth Regional HS…Plymouth State University
31. Tim Beliveau, WR/DE, Souhegan HS…St. Lawrence University
32. Nathan Harrington, DL, Bedford HS…Endicott College
33. Shannon Tucker, RB/DB, Newfound Regional HS…Worcester Polytechnic Institute
34. Dylan Spence, WR/DB, Sanborn Regional HS...Curry College
35. Mike Leonard, LB, Trinity HS...Saint Anselm College