Here's this week's top 10 NHIAA football teams regardless of division, as voted on by the members of ESPN New Hampshire's Friday Night Lights staff.
Also receiving votes:
Goffstown, Bow, Kennett, Nashua South
Here's what my ballot looked like...
6. Manchester Memorial
A few thoughts with regards to my ballot...
-Why do I have Pinkerton back at #1 over Bedford? Let's be honest here, people. Until one of them loses, an argument can certainly be made for either Bedford or Pinkerton as the #1 team (just like until Salem or Londonderry loses a second time they both can lay claim to the #3 spot, since they both lost to the same team and have beat everyone else). Some people are even penciling Bedford and Pinkerton in already for the D-I title game, although I think that may be premature. But I have Pinkerton back in the #1 spot on my ballot because Bedford's last 2 wins have been very close, and they just barely won these past couple weeks. Pinkerton meanwhile has only had 1 win all season why went down to the wire. That was their win over Salem, and I'm pretty sure they would have won by more than 1 TD that game, but star RB/DB TJ Urbanik left the game after just 1 series where he had just 8 yards on 3 carries with a back injury.
-The top 5 seems pretty straight forward. Why did I rank the teams in spots 6 through 10 in that order?
6. Memorial - I went into detail already last week as to why I have them ranked ahead of Concord. No need to rehash it. Bottom line, Memorial won again last week, so I still have them ahead of Concord.
7. Concord - an easy pick for this spot. I definitely can't justify putting Concord any lower than this, considering they've only lost 1 game, that loss was only by 1 point and it came against Memorial who I have one spot higher at #6.
8. Exeter - pretty simple logic here. Exeter and Portsmouth both have the same record, Exeter beat Portsmouth in their head to head match up, by 2 scores so the Blue Hawks are ranked higher.
9. Portsmouth - the Clippers are 1 spot ahead of Goffstown, a team Portsmouth has a better record than and beat head-to-head.
10. Goffstown - Even with 3 losses I still see Goffstown as a top 10 team. They've played a very tough schedule and beat Exeter by 2 touchdowns. The Grizzlies belong in here.