The third annual Sam Carey All-Star game will take place on August 21 at Manchester Central High School. The event honors the late Sam Carey, former standout at Central High and at SNHU who tragically passed in a car accident. There will be a high school/prep all-star game at 6 pm, followed by an alumni game at 7:15.
"This event is truly a community event which is a great testament to Sam and how many lives he impacted" said event organizer Mike Stys of BST Basketball, who also played at Central High and SNHU. "Going on four years strong we have raised $10,000 which will be used along with funds generated this year to renovate the Beech Street courts in Sam's honor. One thing I want to say is that this event would never be possible without all of Sam's past teammates, opponents stepping up and really wanting to be at the event each and every year. Also want to make sure that I thank Bob Scriber on behalf of Mcgarveys and Dennis Walker on behalf of SolarCity for sponsoring this event and providing jerseys for all of the players".
Here are the rosters for the high school / prep school all-star game, which will feature some of the region's top talent.
Motu Maker (former Manchester West player)
Luke Rosinki (former Pinkerton star, committed to UNH)
Trevon Maughn (former Manchester Memorial player)
Kabongo Ngalakulondi (former Manchester Memorial player)
Keigan Kirby (Hampton, NH resident)
Geo Baker (former Pinkerton player)
Caleb Green (former Londonderry player)
Dominick Timbas (former Pembroke player)
Ian Sistare (former Trinity player)
Tshiefu Ngalakulondi (former Manchester Memorial player)
Max Curran (former Pembroke player)
Jourdain Bell (former Bishop Brady player)
The funds generated will be donated to Matt and Luke Bonners 501c3 non-profit 'The Rock On Foundation' who in return have agreed to renovate the Beech Street court across from Gill Stadium in Manchester in Sam's Honor. The Celtics Mascot Lucky will be in attendance to do a halftime Dunk show at halftime of the 715pm Alumni Game. Jamn 94.5 DJ Sam Smv will be providing musical entertainment all night.
Here are the rosters for the alumni game.
White Jerseys with Green Trim:
1. Miguel Gonzalez (SNHU, Holy Cross HS, New York City)
2. Scott Hazelton (University of Rhode Island)
3. Mark Campbell (Nashua High School)
4. Austin Denton (NHTI, Merrimack HS)
5. David Cooper (SNHU, James Madison, Central HS)
6. Pat Luptowski (Keene HS, St. Anselm College)
7. Tyler Roche (Boston College, Central HS)
8. Lamont “Tory” Stapleton (SNHU, Rahway, N.J, St. Thomas More)
9. Chris Burns (Bryant College, Merrimack HS)
10. Kevin Harrington (Rivier College)
Blue Jerseys with Gold Trim:
1. JJ Harvey (SNHU, New York City)
2. John Baiano (SNHU, Staten Island, New York).
3. Stephen “Stix” Wood (McClancy HS, New York City, SNHU)
4. Keith Friel (Univ. Virginia/Notre Dame, Durham, NH)
5. Matt Lemieux (Central HS, Colby-Sawyer College)
6. Corey Hassan (Sacred Heart University, Merrimack HS)
7. PJ Young (SNHU, Central HS)
8. Troy Bowen (SNHU, Nashua North HS)
9. Elijah Bonsignore (SNHU, Felton, Del, St. Thomas More)
10. Paul Chergy (SNHU, Bow HS)
"To be honest, I never thought that this game would still be going strong after four years" said Stys. "It really just goes to show you what Sam meant to everyone. It literally brings together people from all walks of life and when you actually see the support, its amazing. It's not only his basketball friends but people who were connected to him in other ways".
Tickets are $10, and are available at the door.